In the vast landscape of agriculture, effective weed control is essential for crop health and yield. Our comprehensive guide brings you the top 15 herbicides in India, meticulously selected for their quality and affordability. We delve into precise data on sizes, prices, and applications, making choosing the right herbicide for your needs easier. Whether you’re a seasoned farmer or a budding enthusiast, this guide equips you with the knowledge to combat unwanted vegetation and nurture your crops to flourish. Say goodbye to stubborn weeds with these cost-effective solutions.
What are Herbicides?
Herbicides are chemical substances used in agriculture and landscaping to control and eliminate unwanted plants, commonly called weeds. They play a vital role in crop protection by targeting and eradicating these nuisance plants, which compete with crops for essential resources like nutrients, sunlight, and water. Herbicides come in various formulations, including liquid concentrates and granules, tailored for different applications. When applied correctly, they inhibit weed growth, thus enhancing crop yields and overall agricultural productivity.
Factors for Selecting the Best Herbicides in India
- Weed Type: Identify the specific types of weeds you need to target, as different herbicides are effective against different weed species.
- Crop Compatibility: Ensure the herbicide won’t harm your desired crops; choose selective herbicides for safety.
- Mode of Action: Understand how the herbicide works (pre-emergence, post-emergence) and its impact on weeds.
- Application Method: Consider ease of application, whether spraying, granular, or liquid.
- Safety: Prioritize herbicides with low toxicity to humans, animals, and the environment.
- Residue Levels: Check for residue levels in harvested crops to comply with food safety standards.
- Cost-Efficiency: Balance quality with affordability; look for cost-effective options.
- User Reviews: Research product reviews and experiences of other farmers for real-world insights.
Top 12 Best Herbicides in India
Glyox Ammonium Salt Of Glyphosate 71% SG
- Glyox Ammonium Salt Of Glyphosate, 71% S.G., is a potent systemic herbicide available in India, manufactured by Noble Crop Science. It effectively combats broadleaf and grassy weeds in non-cropped areas, making it a valuable tool for weed control in diverse settings.
- Technical Details: This herbicide contains Glyphosate as its active ingredient at 71% S.G. (soluble granules) concentration. The chemical composition includes ammonium salt of Glyphosate (71.00% w/w), inert Polyoxyethylene Amine Surfactant (12.50% w/w), and moisture (1.00% w/w). The remaining percentage is ammonium sulfate, contributing to 100.00% w/w.
- Usage: To achieve optimal results, mixing 100 grams of this herbicide with 15 liters of water in a sprayer is recommended. This dosage effectively controls annual, perennial, broadleaf, and grassy weeds.
- Safety: In case of accidental ingestion, the antidote recommended is gastric lavage, with supportive and symptomatic treatment.
- Pricing: The herbicide is available in various quantities, starting from 100 grams up to 5 kilograms, with competitive pricing options. Customers can enjoy a 28% discount when purchasing.
- Origin: This product originates from Rajkot, Gujarat, India.
In case you missed it: Weed Management in Sorghum Farming: Control with Chemical, Biological, Mulching, Herbicides, and Crop Rotation
Adama Shaked Propaquizafop 2.5% + Imazethapyr 3.75%
- Adama Shaked Propaquizafop 2.5% + Imazethapyr 3.75% is a highly effective post-herbicide designed for broad-spectrum weed control. ADAMA India Private Limited manufactures this herbicide, and it is a valuable tool for farmers, especially those cultivating soybeans.
- Technical Details: This herbicide contains Propaquizafop at 2.5% and Imazethapyr at 3.75% in a water-based micro-emulsion (M.E.) formulation.
- Usage: It is specifically recommended for soybean crops. Shaken effectively targets and controls a range of weeds, including grassy weeds like Dactyloctenium aegyptium, Echinochloa colona, and Eleusine indica, as well as broadleaf weeds like Euphorbia hitra, Commelina benghalensis, and Amaranthus viridis.
- Application: To achieve optimal results, spraying this herbicide directly on the weeds or herbs is advised. The recommended dosage is 60-70 ml per 15 liters of water or 800 ml in 180-200 liters per acre.
- Pricing: The product is available in various quantities, providing flexibility to farmers. Customers can enjoy a 15% discount on the listed price.
- Origin: Shaken originates from Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, India.
Laudis + Foost Maize Suraksha Combo
- Laudis + Foost Maize Suraksha Combo offers a specialized solution for effective weed control in maize crops. Manufactured by Bayer CropScience Ltd, this combo comprises 57.5 ml of Laudis, 200 ml of Laudis Surfactant, and 250 gm of Foost, making it a comprehensive approach to keeping your maize fields healthy and weed-free.
- Technical Details: Laudis, with its active ingredient Tembotrione at 42% SC (34.4% w/w), excels in controlling broadleaf and grassy weeds in corn. Atrazine, containing 50% W.P. Frost, acts as a pre-and post-emergence herbicide, preventing narrow and broadleaf weed germination.
- Usage: This combo is specifically designed for maize crops, making it highly relevant for farmers in this sector.
- Application: The recommended method of application is spraying. For Laudis, the dosage is 57.5 ml per half-acre, and for Foost, it’s 250 gm per half-acre.
- Pricing: The product is priced at a discounted rate, providing cost-effective weed control for maize farmers.
- Origin: Laudis + Foost Maize Suraksha Combo originates from Sakharwadi, Maharashtra, India.
HPM All Clear – Paraquat Dichloride 24% SL
- HPM All Clear – Paraquat Dichloride 24% S.L. is a powerful non-selective and contact herbicide HPM Chemicals and Fertilizers Ltd produces. This herbicide is designed for broad-spectrum weed control, effectively targeting broad-leaved weeds and grasses.
- Technical Details: This herbicide contains Paraquat dichloride as its active ingredient at a concentration of 24% S.L. It functions as a non-selective herbicide, primarily absorbed by the foliage of the targeted plants.
- Mode of Action: All Clear is absorbed by the plant’s foliage, with limited translocation in the xylem. It damages cell membranes and cytoplasm during photosynthesis by generating superoxide.
- Applications: This herbicide is ideal for use in conservation and no-till systems, as it primarily controls the foliage of weeds, promoting intact roots and preventing soil erosion. It can be applied post-emergence or as a pre-plant treatment in various crops.
- Dosage: Spraying the herbicide directly on the targeted weeds is recommended for effective weed control. The suggested dosage is 2.5 to 3 liters per hectare, mixed with approximately 500 liters of water.
- Pricing: HPM All Clear is available in various quantities, offering flexibility to users, and is currently offered at a substantial 50% discount.
- Origin: This product originates from Bhilwara, Rajasthan, India.
In case you missed it: 10 Best Garden Tillers in India For Seed Bed Preparation and Weed Control: Price List Included
HPM GADAR (Pendimethalin 30% E.C.)
- HPM GADAR (Pendimethalin 30% E.C.) is a pre-emergence selective herbicide formulated by HPM Chemicals and Fertilizers Ltd. It is specially designed to control broad-leaved weeds, making it an essential tool for crop protection.
- Technical Details: The active ingredient in GADAR is Pendimethalin, present at a concentration of 30% E.C. This herbicide belongs to the dinitroaniline class and is effective against annual grasses and certain broadleaf weeds.
- Applications: This herbicide is highly recommended for use in crops like soybean, cotton, and chili. It also protects wheat, corn, soybeans, potatoes, cabbage, peas, carrots, and asparagus by controlling annual grasses and specific broadleaf weeds that can hinder crop growth.
- Dosage: For optimal results, GADAR should be applied at 100 ml per sprayer (16 liters) or 1000 to 1500 ml per acre.
- Pricing: This product offers competitive pricing, and customers can benefit from a significant 44% discount.
- Origin: GADAR originates from Bhilwara, Rajasthan, India.
Bayer Ricestar Fenoxaprop-p-ethyl 6.9 EC
- Bayer Ricestar Fenoxaprop-p-ethyl 6.9 EC is a highly effective selective post-emergent herbicide manufactured by Bayer CropScience Ltd. This herbicide controls grassy weeds, focusing on Echinochloa spp. in direct-seeded and transplanted rice crops.
- Applications: Ricestar effectively controls a wide range of grasses, making it a versatile choice for weed management in rice fields. It demonstrates excellent plant selectivity, ensuring the safety of crops when used at recommended dosages. It can be applied during the early post-emergent stage, typically at the rice crop’s 3-5 leaf stages.
- Tank Mix Compatibility: Ricestar can be effectively combined with other early post-emergent broadleaf or sedge-controlling rice herbicides, such as Sunrice, to provide comprehensive weed control.
- Dosage: The recommended dosage for Ricestar is 350 ml per acre.
- Pricing: Currently, this product offers a 16% discount, providing an attractive option for farmers.
- Origin: Ricestar originates from Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, India.
FMC Authority NXT Sulfentrazone 28% + Clomazone 30% WP
- FMC Authority NXT is a pre-emergent herbicide designed for effective weed control in sugarcane and soybean crops. FMC India Pvt Ltd manufactures this product and originates from India.
- Active Ingredients: Authority NXT is a unique blend of two active ingredients, Sulfentrazone and Clomazone. Sulfentrazone belongs to the aryl triazolinone herbicide class, while Clomazone is classified as an isoxazolidinone herbicide.
- Mode of Action: This herbicide offers a dual mode of action, making it highly effective against a broad spectrum of weeds. It is selective and systemic, ensuring it targets weeds while preserving the crop’s health. Importantly, it does not exhibit cross-resistance to other classes of herbicides.
- Weed Control: FMC Authority NXT is adept at controlling tough and resistant weeds commonly found in crops like soybeans, sunflowers, and dry peas. It effectively combats weeds such as waterhemp, Palmer amaranth, pigweed, black nightshade, common lambsquarters, kochia, Russian thistle, morning glories, smartweed, foxtail, barnyardgrass, and fall panicum.
- Dosage: The recommended dosage for FMC Authority NXT is 500 grams per acre.
- Benefits: This herbicide provides long-lasting residual control and excellent weed management, ensuring the health and productivity of sugarcane and soybean crops.
- Pricing: Currently, this product offers a 27% discount, making it an attractive option for farmers.
In case you missed it: 10 Best Hand-Operated Seeding Machines in India: Price List for Top Seed Planters for Vegetables
BACF Mox Paraquat Dichloride 24% SL Herbicide
- BACF Mox Paraquat Dichloride 24% S.L. Herbicide is a highly effective weed control solution manufactured by Bharat Agro Chemicals and Fertilizers in India.
- Technical Details: This herbicide contains Paraquat Dichloride at a concentration of 24% as a soluble liquid (S.L.).
- Target Crops: BACF Mox is designed for use on various crops, including grapes, tea, and rubber crops, and for controlling weeds in these plantations.
- Target Pests: It is specifically formulated to combat grassy and broad-leaved weeds, making it versatile for weed management in different agricultural settings.
- Mode of Action: BACF Mox operates as a contact herbicide. Upon application, it directly affects the targeted weeds, making it a reliable solution for weed control.
- Recommended Dosage: The suggested dosage for this herbicide is 80 milliliters per 16 liters of water when using a pump sprayer.
Sumitomo Excel Mera 71 Systemic Herbicide
Sumitomo Excel Mera 71 is a potent systemic herbicide manufactured by Sumitomo Chemical India Ltd. It contains the active ingredient Ammonium Salt of Glyphosate at a concentration of 71% S.G. (Soluble Granules).
- Broad-Spectrum Action: Excel Mera 71 is a non-selective post-emergent herbicide effective against many weeds, including hard-to-control annual and perennial varieties.
- Rapid Absorption and Translocation: This herbicide is rapidly absorbed by plant foliage and quickly translocated throughout the plant, including its roots and storage organs.
- Recommended Dosage: The application should be at a rate of 6-7 grams per liter of water or 1 kilogram per acre in 150-160 liters of water per acre.
- Quick and effective weed control.
- Higher loading of the active ingredient per liter.
- Superior control of broadleaf and challenging weeds.
- Excellent rain fastness.
- Cost-effective weed management solution.
Target Crops: Excel Mera 71 is suitable for use in tea plantations and non-crop areas to combat a variety of weeds.
UPL Saathi Pyrazosulfuron Ethyl 10% W.P. Herbicide
UPL Saathi Pyrazosulfuron Ethyl 10% W.P. is a potent pre-emergence herbicide formulated by UPL Limited. This herbicide is designed for effective weed control in paddy crops, targeting grasses and broadleaf weeds.
- Versatile Pre-Emergence Control: Saathi is a versatile herbicide that acts on soil and foliage, ensuring effective weed control from the beginning of the crop’s growth cycle.
- Selective and Pre-Emergence Mode of Action: It operates through a selective and pre-emergence mode, making it suitable for use in paddy fields.
- Crop Compatibility: Saathi is specifically formulated for use in paddy crops.
- It should be applied 3-7 days after transplanting in transplanted rice.
- In direct-seeded rice, apply Saathi 5-10 days before sowing.
- Target Weeds: Saathi is effective against both grassy and broadleaf weeds.
- Recommended Dosage: Apply at a rate of 80 grams per acre.
Katyayani Kick Super Fenoxaprop-P-Ethyl 9.3 EC
Katyayani Kick Super Fenoxaprop-P-Ethyl 9.3 EC is a selective post-emergent herbicide manufactured by Katyayani Organics. It features Fenoxaprop-p-ethyl as the active ingredient, targeting grassy weeds like Echinochloa sp. in crops such as soybean, rice, cotton, black gram, and onion.
- Selective Action: This herbicide selectively targets grassy weeds while sparing other crops.
- Flexible Application: Katyayani Kick offers flexibility in application timing, making it effective from the two-leaf to the mid-tillering stage.
- Broad-Spectrum Control: It controls a wide range of important grassy weeds.
- Soil-Independent: It’s absorbed through weed foliage, independent of soil type.
- Safe for Successive Crops: Katyayani Kick breaks down rapidly in the soil, ensuring no harm to subsequent crops.
In case you missed it: Varieties of Castor in India: Boost the Profit with High-yielding Hybrids of Castor
- Soybean: Apply 15-20 days after sowing at the 3-4 leaf stage.
- Rice: Apply 20-25 days after transplanting when weeds reach the 4-5 leaf stage.
- Cotton: Apply 20-25 days after sowing.
- Black gram: Apply 15-20 days after sowing at the 3-4 leaf stage.
- Onion: Apply when weeds have 3-4 leaves.
Dhanuka Noweed Glyphosate 41% SL
Dhanuka Noweed Glyphosate, 41% S.L., is a non-selective systemic herbicide belonging to the Organophosphorus group. It effectively inhibits EPSP synthesis in weed plants, making it a potent solution for controlling annual and perennial weeds. After application, Noweed is absorbed by weed plants and transported to the roots, ensuring the complete eradication of various types of weeds. It applies to plantation crops, water channels, bunds, and open fields.
- Non-selective herbicide suitable for active and standing weeds.
- Systemic action reaches weeds down to the root level.
- Controls all types of green vegetation.
- Particularly effective against challenging weeds like cypnis and Cynodon.
- It is environmentally safe as it becomes inactive when it encounters soil.
Recommended Dosage for Tea: 0.8-1.2 liters per acre. Dhanuka Noweed Glyphosate, 41% S.L., offers comprehensive weed control and is a reliable choice for various agricultural and non-crop situations.
Price List of Best Herbicides in India
|Herbicide Name||Price (INR)|
|Glyox Ammonium Salt Of Glyphosate 71% SG Systemic Herbicide||1162|
|Adama Shaked Propaquizafop 2.5% + Imazethapyr 3.75%||1678|
|Laudis + Foost Maize Suraksha Combo||11200|
|HPM All Clear – Paraquat Dichloride 24% SL||1244|
|HPM GADAR (Pendimethalin 30% EC)||1563|
|Bayer Ricestar Fenoxaprop-p-ethyl 6.9 EC||11673|
|FMC Authority NXT Sulfentrazone 28% + Clomazone 30% WP||11688|
|BACF Mox Paraquat Dichloride 24% SL Herbicide||1903|
|Sumitomo Excel Mera 71 Systemic Herbicide||8151|
|UPL Saathi Pyrazosulfuron Ethyl 10% WP Herbicide||1538|
|Katyayani Kick Super Fenoxaprop-P-Ethyl 9.3 EC||11681|
|Dhanuka Noweed Glyphosate 41% SL||11900|
In case you missed it: 15 Best Chaff Cutter Machines in India: For Dry, Green Fodder Cutting, and Price List Included
In India, many effective herbicides are available to combat unwanted plant growth. These top 15 herbicides offer diverse solutions for controlling weeds, from broadleaf to grassy species.
- Top 12 Best Herbicides in India: Guide to Buy Cheap Weed Killing Herbicides at Best Price
- Top 15 Best Fungicides in India: Guide to Buy Cheap Weed Killing Fungicides at Best Price
- 10 Best Garden Tillers in India For Seed Bed Preparation and Weed Control: Price List Included
- 10 Best Hand-Operated Seeding Machines in India: Price List for Top Seed Planters for Vegetables
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra Schemes (KVKs) and Training in India
- Varieties of Castor in India: Boost the Profit with High-yielding Hybrids of Castor
- Cooperative Societies in the Agricultural Sector in India: Benefits, Role, and Challenges
- 17 Gardening Mistakes to Avoid This Summer: For Vegetables, Flowers, Herbs, and Fruits
- Bahar Treatment in Pomegranate for High Quality and Yields: A Step-by-Step Guide to Implementation
- Mobile Veterinary Units in India: Implementation in States
- Moringa as Feed for Livestock: Moringa Fodder Crop Yield Per Acre
- National Beekeeping and Honey Mission (NBHM): Features, Schemes, and Benefits
- Management of Cutworms in Chilli: Prevention and Control With Organic, Chemical, Cultural Practices
- Best Fertilizer for Tinda: Organic, Natural, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Whitefly Management in Cotton Crop: Symptoms, Control, and Best Insecticides for Cotton
- Best Fertilizer for Terrace Plants: Covering Vegetables, Fruits, Flowers, and Herbs
- 12 Best Compost Bins for Home in India with Price: Cheap for Indoors, Outdoors, and Kitchens
- Grapes Training Systems and Methods: A Comparative Analysis
- Best Fertilizer Jamun Tree: Organic, Natural, Homemade, Npk Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Polyhalite Fertilizers and their Role in Organic Farming
- How to Identify Fake Seeds: Key Differences Between Real and Counterfeit Seeds
- Best Fertilizer for Indian Gooseberry/Amla: Organic, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Best Fertilizer for Bitter Gourd: Organic, Natural, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Bangalore Method of Composting: Preparation Method, Benefits, and Disadvantages
- How to Check PM Kisan Status: Beneficiary Verification With Aadhaar Number and Mobile
- 15 Best Chaff Cutter Machines in India: For Dry, Green Fodder Cutting, and Price List Included
- Bermuda Grass Fertilizer Schedule: When and How to Apply in Winter, Summer, and Spring
- 20 Best Plants to Grow Under Oak Trees: Compatible Plants Under and Around Oaks
- Benefits of DAP Fertilizer: Price, Composition, How and When to Apply
- Profitable Thai Guava Farming in India: Yield, Profit Per Acre, Plant Price, 1 Acre Cost of Cultivation
- Top 19 Water Harvesting Techniques: What is Water Harvesting and Benefits of It
- Best 20 Lemon Varieties: Sweet, Large, and Rare High Yield Cultivars
- Top 15 Agro Based Industries in India: Best List for Agri Entrepreneurs
- Career Opportunities in Agribusiness Management: Top 10 Jobs After Agribusiness Management
- Top 20 Pumpkin Varieties to Grow in Your Garden: Best List of Pumpkin Varieties for High Profits
- How to Grow Cordyceps Mushrooms: Profitable Cultivation Practices and Cordyceps Mushroom Price