Hydroponics, the innovative method of growing plants without soil, has gained immense popularity among gardening enthusiasts in India. Choosing the right hydroponics kit can be a game-changer for beginners looking to embark on this exciting journey. In this guide, we’ll explore the top 10 hydroponics kits in India, carefully selected for their quality and affordability. You don’t need a green thumb or complex gardening skills to get started. We’ll provide straightforward information to help you make an informed choice and start your hydroponic gardening adventure easily.
What are Hydroponics Kits?
Hydroponics kits are gardening systems designed for growing plants without traditional soil. Instead of soil, these kits use nutrient-rich water to nourish plants. They are ideal for those with limited outdoor space or poor soil quality. A basic hydroponics kit typically includes a container, nutrient solution, and a method to support the plants, such as rock wool or a growing medium.
Plants in hydroponic systems grow faster and may produce higher yields because they receive essential nutrients directly. These kits are user-friendly and a great choice for beginners, offering a controlled environment for plant growth making gardening more accessible and efficient.
Hydroponics Home Learners’ Kit – Everything You Need
Hydroponics is an approach to cultivating plants in a nutrient-rich water-based system, and it’s gaining popularity among gardening enthusiasts for its efficiency and year-round growing potential. With this kit, you can grow perfect fruits, vegetables, and fresh herbs within the confines of your own home, regardless of outdoor weather conditions.
How It Works
Setting up the Sowing Scene in Water: The first step is to assemble the components of the hydroponics kit. This typically includes containers, a nutrient solution, net pots filled with pre-soaked clay balls, and seeds. The net pots are placed in the containers, and the seeds are carefully added to the clay balls. This setup ensures that the plants have a stable foundation for growth.
In case you missed it: Pros and Cons of Wick Hydroponics: Ease of Setup to Limitations
Preparing the Healthy Growth Medium: The heart of the hydroponic system lies in the nutrient-rich water. Fill the hydroponics pipe or container with this water to the recommended level. It’s essential to maintain the right nutrient balance to support plant growth. In addition, ensure that your plants receive adequate lighting, either from natural sunlight or artificial grow lights, for around 5-6 hours a day. This light is crucial for photosynthesis, which plants convert light energy into food.
Spot Green, Clean, & Healthy Plants Appear: With the hydroponic system in place, you’ll soon witness the magic of nature at work. As your plants grow, their roots are immersed in the nutrient-rich water, which provides them with all the essential elements they need to thrive. An air pump helps introduce oxygen to the root zone, ensuring plants remain healthy and vibrant throughout their growth cycle.
Benefits of Hydroponics Kits for Beginners
- Controlled Environment: Hydroponics kits give beginners precise control over the growing environment. You can adjust factors like nutrient levels, pH, and lighting to meet needs of your plants. This control results in healthier and more productive growth.
- Faster Growth: Hydroponic systems deliver nutrients directly to plant roots, eliminating the need for them to search for nutrients in the soil. As a result, plants grow faster in hydroponics, often up to 25% faster than in traditional soil-based gardening.
- Higher Yields: Hydroponics kits optimize nutrient delivery, increasing yields. This efficiency ensures you get more produce from the same space, making it an ideal choice for those with limited gardening space.
- Water Efficiency: Hydroponics uses less water than traditional soil gardening. The closed-loop system recirculates water and nutrients, reducing wastage and making it an eco-friendly choice.
- Space Savings: Hydroponic systems are space-efficient and can be set up in small areas like balconies, terraces, or indoor spaces. This makes it accessible to urban gardeners or those with limited outdoor space.
- Year-Round Gardening: Hydroponics allows for year-round gardening, regardless of outside weather. Even during winter, you can grow fresh produce, ensuring a constant homegrown food supply.
- Reduced Pest and Disease Issues: Hydroponic gardens are less susceptible to pests and diseases commonly found in soil. This reduces the need for pesticides and herbicides, producing cleaner and healthier produce.
- Fresh and Clean Produce: Hydroponics gives you full control over the nutrient quality, resulting in clean and fresh produce free from contaminants often found in soil-grown crops.
In case you missed it: Different Types of Growing Mediums for DWC: Deep Water Culture Hydroponics
How to Use a Hydroponics Kit
Prepare the Growing Medium: Take out the coco discs, the growing medium in your hydroponics kit. For instance, take out five coco discs if you have a 5-planter kit. Place these discs in a flat tray or similar container and water them. Over time, you’ll notice the discs expand in size.
Plant the Seeds: Once the coco discs have expanded, it’s time to plant your seeds. Make a small hole, about half a centimeter deep, in the coco peat, and gently place the seeds inside. Lightly water the seeds. Germination typically occurs within 7-10 days, and you’ll soon see your seeds sprouting into saplings.
Set Up the Hydroponic System
- Open the pipe-like structure with your kit.
- Add 2 liters of water and mix in 2-4 ml of the fertilizer in the kit. This nutrient-rich water will nourish your plants.
- Set up the air pump.
This pump ensures the water remains oxygenated, crucial for healthy plant growth.
- Place the Net Pots: Take out the Net Pots, containers designed to hold your plants. Insert these Net Pots into the holes in the pipe-like structure. Then, gently place the coco disc with the sapling inside the Net Pot. In about 45 days, you can harvest your fresh and healthy vegetables right at home. The hydroponics kit simplifies the process, making it accessible for beginners, and provides an efficient way to grow your produce year-round.
7 Best Hydroponics Kits in India
The City Greens Hydroponic Kit is an excellent choice for beginners interested in hydroponic gardening. This kit offers a 5-planter Deep Water Culture (D.W.C.) system, making it easy to grow various Indian and exotic leafy greens at home.
- The kit includes a D.W.C. Hydroponics Kit with an NFT channel with five holes.
- It also comes with three varieties of seeds: Spinach, Coriander, and Amaranthus.
- The kit contains hydroponic nutrients named Grow, Flora, & Thrive for nourishing your plants, each in 100ml quantities.
- You’ll find net pots, Coir Coin, and Fly Ash included in the package.
Benefits: The City Greens D.W.C. Hydroponic system is a budget-friendly and user-friendly tool for beginners interested in hydroponic gardening. It is lead-free and made of food-grade virgin plastic, ensuring plant safety and quality. The system is easy to open and maintain, allowing for easy water level checks and cleaning. It supports various leafy greens, including Indian and exotic varieties, which require 5-6 hours of sunlight daily. City Greens provides excellent customer support to assist hydroponic learners.
In case you missed it: How to Set Up a Nutrient Film Technique – NFT Hydroponics
Price: The kit is priced at ₹1,690, marked down from the original ₹2,999, offering a 44% discount. This makes it an affordable and accessible choice for those interested in hydroponic gardening.
City Greens Hydroponics 24 Planter Indoor Kit
- Price: ₹13,990 (36% off)
- Features: Suitable for home, garden, small, and office spaces. Comes with 3 P.A.R. Spectrum (Coloured Lights).
City Greens Hydroponics 40 Planter Outdoor Kit
- Price: ₹9,950 (55% off)
- Features: Ideal for outdoor spaces like small balconies and gardens. Offers 40 planting spaces.
City Greens Hydroponic 40 Planter Indoor Kit
- Price: ₹15,990 (43% off)
- Features: Suitable for homes, offices, and small spaces. Provides 5 P.A.R. Spectrum (Coloured Lights).
The Pindfresh Hydroponics Kit, known as the Tashi Nino NFT Hydroponic System, is an excellent choice for those looking to venture into hydroponic gardening. This kit utilizes Nutrient Film Technique (NFT) technology, offering a convenient and efficient way to grow various plants indoors. This all-inclusive kit includes everything you need to start: lights, net pots, clay balls, a water pump, a reservoir, nutrients, and even seeds. It also includes an instruction booklet to help beginners get started with ease.
The Tashi Nino system is compatible with many plants, including green leafy vegetables like lettuce and spinach, herbs like oregano and thyme, and various salads. In the box, you’ll find 4 P.V.C. pipes with 20 grow spots, 20 net pots (2 inches), 500 grams of clay balls, 500 ml of 5-part nutrients, a pack of 350 seeds, a water pump, and a bucket. Additionally, it includes four grow lights to support plant growth.
Other Kits Available
Pindfresh Hydroponics kit: The Tashi Nino Nft Hydroponic System for 20 Leafy Greens
- Price: ₹10,350 (10% off)
- Features: All-inclusive kit for growing 20 leafy greens. From seed to harvest.
Pindfresh Hydroponics Kit for Home – The Tashi Junior Indoor NFT Hydroponic System
- Price: ₹22,999 (8% off)
- Features: Designed for growing 54 leafy greens indoors. Premium kit with grow lights.
Pindfresh Hydroponics Kit for Home or Office – The Tashi Pro Indoor NFT Hydroponic System
- Price: ₹46,799 (10% off)
- Features: Suitable for growing 120 leafy greens. All-inclusive kit from seed to harvest.
Lano Agritech Hydroponics Kit
The Lano Agritech Hydroponics Kit is a comprehensive solution for indoor gardening, particularly suitable for individuals facing limited sunlight conditions. Key points about this kit priced between ₹2000-₹3500
- Complete Package: This kit offers a holistic hydroponic experience, making it ideal for beginners or those with low sunlight availability.
- Adjustable Grow Light: It includes a grow light that can be adjusted in height. This flexibility allows you to provide the right intensity of light to your plants by moving them closer or farther as needed.
- Monitoring Tools: The kit includes a T.D.S. (Total Dissolved Solids) meter and a pH tester. These instruments enable you to maintain your hydroponic system’s optimal nutrient levels and pH balance.
- Net Pots: Net pots are included in the package. These pots are essential for holding the plants in place and facilitating nutrient absorption in hydroponic systems.
- Fertilizer: The kit also includes fertilizer, ensuring plants receive the nutrients for healthy growth.
In case you missed it: Management of Hydroponic Pests and Diseases: Control, Prevention, and Treatment
This hydroponic kit by Agro Experts is a stress-relieving hobby and a space-saving solution. It eliminates the need for soil, making it weed-free and water-efficient, saving up to 90% of water. It promotes better plant growth and reduces the risk of pests and diseases. Key Contents are:
- Stand with Growing Channels: 4 round pipes of 75mm with connectors.
- Monitoring Tools: E.C. and pH meter, pH paper strips
- 28 Premium Net Pots: 2-inch size for planting
- Submersible Motor with Inlet Pipe
- Reservoir Bucket with Lid
- Growing Medium: Clay Pebbles
- Seasonal Seeds for planting
- Seedling Preparation: Coco Peat Disks (jiffy bag)
- Nutrient Solution: 300 ml Two-Part Nutrient Solution
- Neem Oil: 100 ml for plant care
- Spray Bottle for maintenance
- Electric Wire and Plugs
This system allows you to grow 28 plants within a compact 10 square feet area, making it ideal for indoor and outdoor use. It’s remarkably easy to install, with an optimal 8-inch hole distance for hassle-free setup. Key Components are:
- Food-grade, lead-free, double-layered uPVC openable channels (4 pieces)
- 3-inch net pots (30 pieces)
- Clay balls (1 kg)
- Nutrient set that can make 166 liters of nutrient solution
- Coco discs (50mm, 35 pieces) for germination
- Inlet system, including a motor, inlet pipe, and accessories
- Outlet fitting accessories
- Tank with a 20-liter capacity
- Installation guide manual for step-by-step setup
Happy Squirrel Beginner Hydroponic Kit
The Happy Squirrel Beginner Hydroponic Kit offers an all-in-one solution for home gardening, making it easy for beginners and experienced gardeners. Available in two sizes, 5 Plants and 10 Plants, this kit includes everything you need, from sowing seeds to harvesting. It comprises a Hydroponic pipe with a stand, 500ml of Hydroponic Nutrients, an air pump, net pots, clay pellets, cocopeat, and seeds.
You can grow various plants, including leafy herbs like spinach, mint, coriander, lettuce, and basil, as well as lightweight saplings, on your balcony, window sill, or any place receiving 3 to 7 hours of sunlight. With hydroponics, you’ll experience 85% less maintenance than traditional soil-based gardening, and the kit’s five types of Hydroponic Nutrients ensure pesticide-free, nutrient-rich harvests. The 5 Plants kit is priced at ₹1,440, offering a 37% discount from the M.R.P. of ₹2,300.
GREEN LOOP Hydroponic Kit
The GREEN LOOP Hydroponic Kit for Home offers an efficient solution for growing plants, focusing on ease of use and performance. Designed for home use, this kit can accommodate six plants and utilizes large channels with a 4-inch depth on each side, measuring 65 cm long. It features aeration of the nutrient solution through an air pump, promoting healthy plant growth. A 4-inch deep root zone supports robust root formation, allowing for cultivating various leafy and vegetable plants like spinach, lettuce, brinjal, and herbs.
The kit is suits for indoor and outdoor use, with a stable rectangular design that prevents toppling. The package includes net pots, an air pump with air stones, hydroponic nutrients, rooting plugs, LECA balls, and comprehensive instructions. Complimentary seeds like spinach, coriander, and brinjal are also provided. This easy-to-use, aesthetically designed kit is packed in a sturdy box, ensuring a compact and efficient hydroponic gardening experience. It is priced at ₹1,990, a 20% discount from the M.R.P. of ₹2,500.
Best Hydroponics Kits in India with Prices
|Pindfresh Hydroponics Kit||Pindfresh||₹10,350|
|Lano Agritech Hydroponics Kit||Lano Agritech||₹2,000-3,500|
|Agro Experts 28 Planter Hydroponic NFT Kit||Generic||₹9,499|
|WE Hydroponics 28 Planter Hydroponics System||WE Hydroponics||₹10,005|
|GREENLOOP Hydroponic Kit||GREENLOOP||₹1,990|
|Happy Squirrel Beginner Hydroponic Kit||Happy Squirrel||₹1,440|
In case you missed it: How to Build a Hydroponic Unit with PVC Pipes: DIY in Simple Steps
The Indian market offers a variety of hydroponics kits catering to different needs and budgets. The top hydroponics kits include options from Pindfresh, Lano Agritech, WE Hydroponics, GREENLOOP, and Happy Squirrel, providing solutions for both beginners and experienced growers. Make choice based on your requirements and enjoy the benefits of hydroponic gardening.
- 7 Best Hydroponics Kits in India: Guide to Buy Top Hydroponics Kit at Affordable Price
- 10 Best Brush Cutters in India: Guide to Buy Top Brush Cutters at Affordable Prices
- Pest Management in Quinoa: Major Insect Pest of Quinoa, Control and Prevention Methods
- Pest Management in Sorghum: Major Insect Pests of Sorghum, Control, and Prevention
- Field Preparation for Watermelon: Requirements for High Yield
- Eggplant Shoot and Fruit Borer Management: Control and Prevention for High-Profit Margins
- Weed Management in Tomato Crop: Common Weeds of Tomato and Herbicides Safe for Tomatoes
- Landscaping Rates Per Square Foot India: Estimation of Yard Work Cost for Small and Large Areas
- Top 12 Best Herbicides in India: Guide to Buy Cheap Weed Killing Herbicides at Best Price
- Top 15 Best Fungicides in India: Guide to Buy Cheap Weed Killing Fungicides at Best Price
- 10 Best Garden Tillers in India For Seed Bed Preparation and Weed Control: Price List Included
- 10 Best Hand-Operated Seeding Machines in India: Price List for Top Seed Planters for Vegetables
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra Schemes (KVKs) and Training in India
- Varieties of Castor in India: Boost the Profit with High-yielding Hybrids of Castor
- Cooperative Societies in the Agricultural Sector in India: Benefits, Role, and Challenges
- 17 Gardening Mistakes to Avoid This Summer: For Vegetables, Flowers, Herbs, and Fruits
- Bahar Treatment in Pomegranate for High Quality and Yields: A Step-by-Step Guide to Implementation
- Mobile Veterinary Units in India: Implementation in States
- Moringa as Feed for Livestock: Moringa Fodder Crop Yield Per Acre
- National Beekeeping and Honey Mission (NBHM): Features, Schemes, and Benefits
- Management of Cutworms in Chilli: Prevention and Control With Organic, Chemical, Cultural Practices
- Best Fertilizer for Tinda: Organic, Natural, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Whitefly Management in Cotton Crop: Symptoms, Control, and Best Insecticides for Cotton
- Best Fertilizer for Terrace Plants: Covering Vegetables, Fruits, Flowers, and Herbs
- 12 Best Compost Bins for Home in India with Price: Cheap for Indoors, Outdoors, and Kitchens
- Grapes Training Systems and Methods: A Comparative Analysis
- Best Fertilizer Jamun Tree: Organic, Natural, Homemade, Npk Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Polyhalite Fertilizers and their Role in Organic Farming
- How to Identify Fake Seeds: Key Differences Between Real and Counterfeit Seeds
- Best Fertilizer for Indian Gooseberry/Amla: Organic, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Best Fertilizer for Bitter Gourd: Organic, Natural, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Bangalore Method of Composting: Preparation Method, Benefits, and Disadvantages
- How to Check PM Kisan Status: Beneficiary Verification With Aadhaar Number and Mobile
- 15 Best Chaff Cutter Machines in India: For Dry, Green Fodder Cutting, and Price List Included
- Bermuda Grass Fertilizer Schedule: When and How to Apply in Winter, Summer, and Spring
- 20 Best Plants to Grow Under Oak Trees: Compatible Plants Under and Around Oaks