As the month of October approaches, it is important that you plan your bank-related activities wisely. Several holidays are scheduled throughout the month, which may affect your banking needs.
To ensure a smooth banking experience, it’s important to be aware of these holidays and consider completing important tasks ahead of time. Here’s what you need to know:
Bank holidays in October 2023
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) orders banks to be closed on public holidays and certain regional holidays designated by individual state governments.
In October, there will be more than 15 holidays including weekends. Here is the full list:
– October 2, 2023 (Monday): Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti
– October 12, 2023 (Sunday): Naraka Chaturdashi (observed in many states)
– October 14, 2023 (second week): Mahalia (celebrated mainly in Karnataka, Odisha, Tripura and West Bengal)
– October 15, 2023 (Sunday): Ghatasthapan (observed in many states)
– 15 October 2023 (Sunday): Maharaja Agarsen Jayanti (celebrated in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, and Rajasthan)
– October 18, 2023 (Wednesday): Katti Bihu (celebrated in Assam)
– October 19, 2023 (Tuesday): Samutsari Festival (celebrated in Gujarat)
– 21 October 2023 (Saturday): Durga Puja (Maha Saptami)
– October 22, 2023 (Sunday): Maha Ashtami (celebrated in many states across India)
– 23 October 2023 (Monday): Maha Navami / Ayodha Puja
– October 24, 2023 (Tuesday): Dussehra / Vijaya Dashmi / Durga Puja
– 25 October 2023 (Wednesday): Durga Puja (Dasai)
– October 26, 2023 (Thursday): Durga Puja (Dasai) / Accession Day
– 27 October 2023 (Friday): Durga Puja (Dasai)
– October 28, 2023 (4th week): Lakshmi Puja / Pragat Devas
– October 31, 2023 (Tuesday): Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s birthday
Please note that these holidays include weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) and certain regional events.
Completing online transactions
Fortunately, even when physical bank branches are closed, many banking transactions can be completed seamlessly online. Digital services like UPI (Unified Payments Interface), mobile banking, and internet banking remain operational during the holidays.
If your banking tasks can be done digitally, you can comfortably manage your finances from anywhere, regardless of your holiday schedule.
In summary, it is important to be aware of the upcoming bank holidays in October in order to plan your financial activities effectively. While physical bank branches will remain closed on these days, digital banking services are available to ensure that your transactions and financial operations can proceed without a hitch.
First Published: 26 Sep 2023, 14:33 IST